Position: Programming Assistant
Position Type: Employee
Pay Rate: $12
Location: Sylmar, CA.
Work Week: Part Time, 10 hours per week (Fridays 4-9pm & Saturdays 12-5pm), hours may vary
Language: Bilingual Preferred – English/Spanish
Immediate Supervisor: Program Director
Posting Date: November 3, 2017
Hiring Date: in November 2017
Job Summary: Program Assistant needed for non-profit cultural center/bookstore in Sylmar. The Programming Assistant will serve as a lead in overseeing onsite author readings, one time events, and special programs and assist with seasonal programming and bookstore clerk duties. Additional responsibilities include assisting with social media and newsletters.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Booking and managing author readings and one time events.
● Assisting with special offsite programming
● Ring up sales/Returns
● Create and use ongoing marketing publicity and outreach, including social media, online and email
Qualifications and Skills:
● Communicates effectively both in writing and verbally
● Consistent and effective organizational and time-management skills
● Ability to collaborate cooperatively with staff, facilitators and volunteers
● Ability to maintain professional work and attitude with potential collaborators and business contacts
● Knowledge and experience with Point of Sale (POS) systems and/or QuickBooks a plus
● Knowledge of and interest in meeting this community’s literacy needs
● Experience working with community oriented organizations and activities
● Proactive and able to handle multiple priorities and deadlines efficiently
● Fluent in both English and Spanish
● Excellent research and computer technology skills
● Business, customer service and community engagement skills
● Initiates a course of action, develops relevant new ideas, and acts with confidence
● Takes a creative approach to goals and challenges to arrive at appropriate action
● Has a community oriented spirit who is creative, ambitious and open-minded
● Is productive in an active multi-use space
● Culturally aware of this community’s needs.
● Courteous customer service
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com, Include subject
line, “Program Assistant.” We are accepting applications and doing interviews in November 2017, until the position is filled.