Are you interested in working for Tia Chucha’s Centro Cultural in the near future? Do you have an art or talent you would like to teach to others? Tia Chucha’s is looking to expand our pre-qualified roster of teaching artists to facilitate workshops and classes for individuals and families. The teaching artist will follow the mission of Tia Chucha’s to transform community in the Northeast San Fernando Valley and beyond through ancestral knowledge, the arts, literacy and creative engagement. Tia Chucha’s believes that it is everyone’s right to explore and develop their innate creative gifts. We are open to all art forms.
Qualified individuals must:
- Submit resume with a cover letter to [email protected]
- In cover letter include statement on why you would be a good fit or why you are interested in working with Tia Chucha’s
- Sample of portfolio or curriculum is optional but recommended
- Specify age preference and experience
- Adaptable to change
- Be knowledgeable on working through virtual platforms (i.e. zoom)
- Have experience in an arts field. We welcome artists across all disciplines.
- Demonstrate arts-related activities that can be done at home.
- Be engaging, fun, and encouraging of participants creativity!
We will be looking for teaching artists on an on-going basis.
Tia Chucha’s has four different quarters of seasonal programming. Typically classes are 1-2 hours, held once or twice a week, anywhere from 6-10 weeks. Pay rate varies on the teaching artist's experience, ranging from $40-$60 per hour.
Examples of classes, workshops, and projects Tia Chucha's has done in the past, but are not limited to:
- Mexica/Ancestral Knowledge Classes, Aztec Dance, Cosmology
- Visual Arts- Mural Painting, Screen Printing, Mixed Media Visual Arts, Painting, Jewelry Making
- Performing Arts - theatre
- Music - voice, guitar, Son Jarocho
- Creative Writing, Poetry, Women's Writing Circles
- Youth mentorship, youth leadership
- Cultural arts, creative writing, mentorship with people who are or have been formerly incarcerated. (please indicate whether you have interest or experience working with this demographic).
For more information or any questions please contact Alma Chavez at [email protected]