Position: Tia Chucha’s Grants & Development Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
FLSA Status: part time to full time/ Non-Exempt
Salary Range: $25-$30/hr; part time to full time permanent position after 3-6 months evaluation, approximate 20 hours a week to transition to 40 hours a week.
This is a flexible hybrid position, with partial opportunity to work remote. We are seeking candidates that can periodically work in our Sylmar, CA headquarters.
Date Created/ Revised: Aug 15, 2022
Ideal Candidate: Tia Chucha’s is seeking a part time team member who presents an invaluable work ethic, positive attitude, passion, and empathy. Our organization is powered by individuals willing to apply their strengths as needed with the willingness to learn from and grow with the organization. We hope to find an individual who will meet our preferred requirements, but more importantly, brings their unique gifts and an energetic drive complementary to our organization's culture.
Tia Chucha’s Centro Cultural (TC) seeks a talented and professional Grants & Development Manager to support the Executive Director in managing and growing our grants portfolio and supporting our individual donor strategy. This position will be 50% grants management and 50% individual donor cultivation. This unique individual is responsible for developing and continuously improving the narrative for our grant applications and reports and stewarding our foundation and institutional donors. The ideal candidate will also support developing/stewarding donor relationships and increasing overall revenue growth. In addition to supporting our grants fundraising, the ideal candidate bolster our existing individual fundraising efforts while imagining and implementing new strategies to attract new individual donors. The Grants & Development Manager works collaboratively with the team to ensure that our donor-facing storytelling reflects our high quality programs and encourages giving at the small and mid sized levels to support the organization’s mission and vision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for grant management/tracking: writing materials, submission deadlines, and reporting.
- Develop and maintain updated narrative for current and future programs.
- Identifying grant funding opportunities.
- Works with staff and board to identify and develop funding strategies to underwrite existing and new programs.
- Maintaining and growing relationships with foundation Program Officers and institutional funders.
- Manages and improves donor data and reporting using our CRM.
- Executing regular reports to deepen analysis on past and current giving, to inform future strategies for fundraising.
- Supporting with donor nurturing and communication.
- Oversee donor acknowledgement program, with an eye towards improving the process.
- Must have a college degree and 3 years of experience working with a non-profit development context directly related to institutional and individual fundraising, data management, project management, and strategy skills.
- CRM or database software experience.
- Basic knowledge of Google apps, Constant Contact (or any email service), and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to act as a liaison with donors and funding community to develop and sustain relationships.
- Passionate about the San Fernando Valley, social justice, and the cultural arts sector.
- Must be a confident public speaker to articulate our mission, ability to express ideas verbally, and must have strong writing skills (at least one writing sample will be required with your application submission).
- Teamwork - Collaborating with others to achieve shared goals.
- Must have their own automobile and valid drivers license.
- Spanish speaking and writing fluency a plus.
We are committed to a fair and respectful hiring process, and we do our absolute best to respond to every applicant. We prioritize communication and transparency with all candidates, even those who are not moving forward. Here is an overview of the hiring process:
Step 1: Submit your application, provide two professional references, provide at least one writing sample, and a cover letter.
Step 2: Phone screen Interview
Step 3: In Person Interview (staff and a board member)
Step 4: Reference check
Step 5: Start your onboarding journey with Tia Chucha’s!
Note: Some of our hiring processes may vary, and not all candidates will advance to each step.
Please send your cover letter, resume, and two professional references to [email protected] Subject line: Grants & Development Manager. For more information about Tia Chucha’s Centro Cultural visit our website at tiachucha.org