Young Warriors was created to help meet the needs of young people living in the neglected communities of the northeast San Fernando Valley and beyond. The need being a brave, judgment-free space, in which young people from all walks of life could coexist, learn from each other, mature and contribute to the betterment of themselves, families, and community.
Help young people develop their leadership and communication skills through the power of the arts and proper mentoring.
Empower a generation of community leaders aware of and able to express their mental, emotional and physical needs to live balanced, purposeful and wholesome lives.
- Transformative Justice
- Economic Equity
- Creative vision and expression
- Holistic Healing
- Ancestral teachings knowledge and wisdom
- Self Empowerment
- The Arts
- Validation of Personal Narrative
- Storytelling/ Talking Circles
- Visual Art
- Outdoor Recreation
- Indigenous Cosmology
- Class Presentations on Young Warriors Services
- Art-Based Prevention Program
2-hr sessions once or twice a week (depending on the need for the community site)
Talking Circles aimed to help develop the voices and characters of youth who carry anger and depression silently and loudly from being neglected, traumatized, criminalized, and disconnected from themselves, family, community, and society as a direct result of the impacts of war on drugs and mass incarceration.
Goals of Prevention Program
- Expose youth to writing and sharing as a form of destressing
- Help youth to learn how to express themselves and develop their self-esteem
- Teach youth how to identify healthy/ unhealthy coping skills through relationship dynamics.
- Help youth gain a sense of self-worth, build their character, discover their identity and place of belonging.
Space is held virtually every Wednesday from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM - Join us for Young Warriors' Wednesdays Zoom Meeting ID: 840 1049 7733 or CLICK HERE.
For more information regarding the Young Warriors Program