Position: Trauma To Transformation (T2T) Program Assistant
Reports To: Trauma To Transformation (T2T) Program Manager
FLSA Status: Part-Time, Hourly/Non-Exempt 20-30 hrs/week with the potential to grow to full-time
Rate: $20.00 - $24.00/hr *rate is based on experience
Date Created/Revised: March 15, 2023
Must have reliable transportation, long distance driving is required for this position
Tia Chucha’s Trauma to Transformation program facilitates creative and “brave” spaces that bring together individuals impacted by incarceration to build community and foster healing through the power of cultural arts, literacy, and ancestral knowledge. Learn more here. We strongly encourage individuals who are formerly incarcerated to apply.
The T2T Program Assistant duties will be diverse and multi-faceted, therefore excellent professional skills and a willingness to learn are vital for this role. Specific areas of responsibility for T2T Program Support include, but are not limited to, administrative support, program outreach, classroom assistance, attending meetings on behalf of the program, and event organizing. This position will interact with staff, teaching artists, youth, partner organizations, and institutions. Being able to present Tia Chucha’s mission and message, including interacting inclusively with a range of people, have good attention to detail, and the ability to stay on task will be essential.
This position requires a high degree of self-supervision. The position involves the supervision of multiple youth interns and assistants as well as teaching artists and requires the ability to act independently.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Program Manager and Teaching Artists with the maintenance, tracking and uploading of all program class documentation such as timesheets, registration and evaluation forms.
- Support Teaching Artists with material order and prep, classroom setup, and documentation of the programs.
- Attend various coalition and member organization meetings on behalf of the T2T program.
- Work with the T2T Program Manager to organize events highlighting the work of Trauma to Transformation with the local community. These events are aimed to help change the dialogue of society’s views on people impacted by the incarceration system.
- Attend outreach events to share about the Trauma to Transformation program, and Tia Chucha’s Centro Cultural. Ensure consistent follow up after each event by tracking, phone banking, and contacting those interested in the program.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time.
Demonstrated Skills, Abilities and Competencies
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly
- Adept at computer/clerical skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Must have a team attitude and be able to work collaboratively with co-workers and outside agencies
Education and Experience:
- Experience working with systems-impacted individuals, agencies, and community organizations is a plus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. The job requires employees to have dexterity in using a telephone, computer keyboard, mouse, and calculator while seated at a desk. Must be able to operate standard office equipment, such as computers, photocopiers, etc. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Send Resume & Cover Letter to: